Thursday 24 January 2013

You decide: Is Tony Gonzalez a Hall of Famer?

Atlanta Falcons tight end Tony Gonzalez might have played in his final game Sunday. His team lost to the San Francisco 49ers in the NFL championship game, and many are expecting him to call it a career. "It's probably the last time I'm going to wear that uniform," Gonzalez said after the Falcons' 28-24 loss. "I didn't want to take it off, to tell you the truth. All good things come to an end, and like I said all season long, this is probably my last one. What an unbelievable ride." Gonzalez said throughout the season that he was 95% sure this would be it for him. He said he will discuss his plans with his family before making his final decision on retirement. "I'm not going to cry about it," Gonzalez said after the conclusion of his 16th season. "I walk away with the satisfaction I left everything, absolutely everything, every time I was on the field. I wish it would have culminated with the Super Bowl, but it didn't."

No comments:

Post a Comment