Friday 2 December 2011

Taylor Young Fall: Michigan State Cheerleader Injured, Taken To Hospital (VIDEO)".

Vanessa Long, the wife of beleaguered megachurch pastor Bishop Eddie Long, has filed for divorce, it was announced Friday.
"After a great deal of deliberation and prayer, I have decided to terminate my marriage to Bishop Eddie L. Long. Accordingly, I authorized my attorneys to file for divorce on December 1, 2011," Vanessa Long said in a statement.
Vanessa and Eddie Long,  the beleaguered  pastor of New Birth Missionary Baptist Church, have been married for more than two decades.
Last fall, four young men accused Eddie Long, senior pastor of New Birth Missionary Baptist Church in Lithonia, of coercing them into having sex. Their lawsuits were settled in May, then dismissed.

Also in Vanessa Long's statement: "It is my sincere hope that this matter can be resolved expeditiously, harmoniously, and fairly. I ask that you respect my privacy and that of my family, as my attorneys and I have agreed that we will not try this case in the media, and I do not intend to make any further statements concerning this matter."

Long married Vanessa Griffin in 1990. They have three children together Edward, Jared and Taylor.

The lawsuit dismissals, first reported by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, prevent the four defendants from suing Long again for the same alleged offense.

The accusations made against Long by Anthony Flagg, Spencer LeGrande, Jamal Parris and Maurice Robinson alleged that the bishop used his influence, trips, gifts and jobs to coerce them into sexual relations.

Long denied the men's allegations through a spokesman shortly after they first became public in September and told his congregation he planned to "vigorously" fight them.

Please check back for updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment