Saturday 14 January 2012

The Woman with Two Vaginas!

A 27-year-old woman revealed all today about a rare medical condition which means she has TWO vaginas side by side.

Hazel Jones was diagnosed with the "one in a million" condition uterus didelphys when she was 18, after suffering with difficulties from when her periods started at 14.

She had to lose her virginity twice, and also has to have two smear tests, but has decided not to have surgery to correct the condition.

Advertisement >>
Click here for 'Woman with two vaginas 'celebrates her quirky condition' and 'visits fetish clubs''

The condition means a woman has two separate uteruses, two vaginas and two cervixes. It happens when a septum which usually breaks down between two tubes that form the uterus does not break down, leaving two uteruses.

Speaking on ITV1's This Morning, Ms Jones, from High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, said nobody realised anything was different about her until her periods started when she was 14.

"That wasn't fun," she told presenters Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield and doctor Dawn Harper, saying she bled from one side then the other.

"It wasn't nice. I had friends and I would try and explain to them, 'I'm having a problem' but they had no idea what I was doing. They looked even more confused than I did.

"I actually did ask a friend, I said, 'do you have any problem working out which hole to put them in' and she thought I was putting it up my bottom'.
"I think I pretty much kept my mouth shut after that for quite a while."

"If you are not aware that you have got this it can be really uncomfortable, I thought I was having cystitis, I thought I was having urine infections from a young age, when I wasn't. I was actually tearing the middle septum."

No comments:

Post a Comment