Sunday 5 August 2012

Andy Murray beats Roger Federer to win Olympic tennis gold

Andy Murray has been speaking to Sue Barker after completing his 6-2, 6-1, 6-4 arse-whupping of Roger Federer.

It's definitely easier winning in the final [than losing in heartbreak]. I played a good match today. it was quite tough conditions, very windy, but I did well. It's No1 for me, biggest win of my life. This week's been incredible for me. The atmosphere, the support's been amazing.

I watched the athletics last night, it was amazing. Just amazing. The way Mo Farah won – I do 400m repetitions in my training, and when I'm completely fresh I can run it in 57 seconds. His last lap after running 9,600m was 53 sec. Just unbelievable.

I didn't expect this at the start of the week. I was a little bit tired after Wimbledon, but I felt so fresh on the court today. I didn't feel nervous at all, apart from at the beginning of the match. I've had a lot of tough losses in my career, and this was the best way to come back from the Wimbledon final. I'll never forget it.

No comments:

Post a Comment