Sunday 5 August 2012

Usain Bolt: Reaction to the Olympic 100m final

It means one step towards being a legend, so I'm happy with myself, but it's only one step, I have the 200m to go. I was slightly worried about my start, I slipped a little in the blocks. I don't have the best reactions, but I secured it and that's the key."To be the second-fastest man in the world behind Bolt is an honour. He is the fastest man in the world and I've got a silver medal. What more can I ask for?"
Justin Gatlin:
Bronze. 9.79secs. New personal best.
"It feels great to be back after eight years. Simply just to come back and use my God-given talent. I went out there and I did the best I could do. A lot of people on Twitter and Facebook think that I'm the bad guy, but I'm not and I had to prove that tonight."Darren Campbell, Olympic 200m silver medallist (2000):
"We said if he was anywhere near the field in the first 30m, who would be able to handle him? Those gigantic strides opened up and that was the Usain Bolt show. If we were to be picky, it was a terrible start, but it doesn't matter, he just needed to be in striking distance. His hunger has been questioned but I always believed he would want to put on a show for the people of Great Britain. He loves this country."
Steve Cram, Olympic 1500m silver medallist (1984):
"He wasn't the best out of the blocks, but he didn't need to be. He has got so much more than the rest of these guys. It is the strongest field there has ever been in this event but they cannot touch Usain Bolt."

No comments:

Post a Comment